A value added tax (VAT) is a form of consumption tax. From the perspective of the buyer, it is a tax on the purchase price. From that of the seller, it is a tax only on the value added to a product, material, or service, from an accounting point of view, by this stage of its manufacture or distribution. The manufacturer remits to the government the difference between these two amounts, and retains the rest for themselves to offset the taxes they had previously paid on the inputs.
The value added to a product by or with a business is the sale price charged to its customer, minus the cost of materials and other taxable inputs. A VAT is like a sales tax in that ultimately only the end consumer is taxed. It differs from the sales tax in that, with the latter, the tax is collected and remitted to the government only once, at the point of purchase by the end consumer. With the VAT, collections, remittances to the government, and credits for taxes already paid occur each time a business in the supply chain purchases products.
VAT was introduced into the Indian taxation system from 1 April 2005.
Documents Required for Registration in VAT & CST
1. Identity proof & Residence Proof of Owner/Partners/ Directors
2. Partnership Deed/Memorandum of Company
3. Bank Account authentication Details on the Name of Company, Partnership Firm or trade name4. Registered Office Address Proof
• If Rented: Rent Agreement
• If Owned: Onwership proof
4. Utility Bill like electricity bill, telephone bill, property documents
5. All supporting document must be signed by applicant with rubber stamp.
6. Two photo of all Applicant
We provide following services in the field of VAT(Value Added Tax):-
3. Legal Opinion
5. VAT Audit